Part 1: Change how you communicate with your customers
The Benefits of Cloud Telephony
The experience your customers receive when contacting your business can create the right or wrong impression. Ultimately it builds a picture of how your business values customers. This will influence customers’ purchasing choices and whether or not they wish to become, or continue to be, your customer.
Taking care of callers
Incredibly, 70% of customers who call a business will be placed on hold and left listening to boring messages. Worse still, they may be left listening to nothing at all. This immediately increases the chance of a customer hanging up, and if they do, 34% will never call back. They have been more or less driven into the arms of a competitor.
You may not be able to answer all customer calls immediately. Sometimes calls may not even go straight through to the individual or department a customer needs to speak to. However, how your business handles the call will influence the likelihood of customers holding on. If they do hold, it will affect their patience levels and how they engage with your business once they reach you.
What customers want
Cloud Telephony is changing the way we communicate with customers and delivering a better experience. Customers want to know that they are valued and that their time is respected. They want to be reassured that they have dialled the right number, that someone knows they are waiting. Importantly, they want reassurance that their call will be answered, or appropriately directed, as soon as possible.
Some of the key customer benefits with Cloud Telephony are:
- Greeting callers with an automated message will reassure them that they have dialled the correct number. It will also make them feel as if they are a valued customer.
- Callers can listen to music, chosen for the business. This will hold their interest far longer than silence or a constant ringing tone. The style of music is appropriate to the identity of the company and helps to build the business brand.
- Auto attendant messages, or scripts, are used to reassure the caller while placed on hold or diverted to the appropriate department. Again, the voice used for these messages can be matched to the business identity.
- Calls can be seamlessly diverted to business mobile, as they operate as part of a unified communications system and are connected to the business telephony network.
- Calls can be recorded, which reassures customers regarding anything that has been discussed, agreed, or previously reported.
Good customer service is key in business, from the moment a customer picks up the phone, and subsequent communication. Cloud Telephony offers many ways to enhance and monitor customer contact, making callers feel valued.
If you would like to know how we can help your business to communicate well with your customers, please call 0161 788 0000 or email email@example.com
Get in touch
0161 788 0000
We pride ourselves on offering businesses award-winning customer service and first-class advice on every aspect of business communications. We would love to learn more about you and your specific communications needs, so please get in touch.
The Trust has a long-standing relationship with Incom-CNS and considers them an important partner. The Mitel solution has delivered the increased resilience required for our critical services.
The Mitel solution from Incom-CNS has helped us to save money, improve our flexibility to manage seasonal demands, increase our efficiencies and deliver exceptional customer service.
Our customers can speak to the right person, first time, and this level of service sets us apart from the competition. In Incom-CNS and Mitel we have the perfect partnership.
Throughout our relationship, I have found Incom-CNS to be very helpful and professional. I would not hesitate to recommend Incom-CNS to other companies.
The Mitel system from Incom-CNS will pay for itself in two years through significantly reduced management costs and savings on our telephone bill in the order of 20%.
We have worked with Incom-CNS for twenty years and trust their advice and technical capabilities. The Mitel platform is a reliable solution that meets our current and future requirements.
Put simply, the Mitel Unified Communications solution deployed by Incom-CNS delivers less complexity, ease of use and a much lower total cost of ownership to Ison Harrison.